Material Cardboard And Paper
Densities from 220 and above are suitable for percraft. You can find such cardboard in various colors. A feature of appearance will be a rough matte surface.
1. Plain clerical PVA
2. Carpentry wood pva
3. Polymer adhesive
4. Glue with PVA pencil
5. Cyano-acrylate adhesive (only if you pre-grease it with PVA glue in pencil, in its pure form the cyano-adhesive will be poor due to the strong absorption of matte cardboard.)
6. Hot glue, for very large models (often more than 100 cm. Since the adhesive material increases the width and this can spoil the appearance of a small figure), a thin layer should be applied using the average or maximum temperature of the tool). Stick to safety precautions.
1. A wide selection of colors, thought out all the necessary colors and shades, can be easily found.
2. Low cost and availability.
1. Low moisture resistance, inability to wipe with a damp cloth, it is very difficult to get rid of dust.
2. Strong fading in the sun, when exposed to direct sunlight, the material quickly fades.
Density from 220 grams per m2 and above is suitable for paper craft. A distinctive feature of the appearance is a shiny rough surface, similar to polished painted metal.
1. Polymer glue
2. Cyanoacrylate adhesive (superglue) is the best choice in terms of speed and quality of bonding. This type of glue requires experience and accuracy, as errors are difficult to fix. Be sure to follow all necessary safety measures, read all the instructions on the package. Such glue can be purchased from companies engaged in advertising signs and plastic letters. (The big advantage is that this glue is thicker than super glue for the supermarket, which prevents it from spreading during the gluing process. It is also more powerful)
3. You can use PVA, but gluing will be longer and more difficult, since this cardboard does not absorb glue well, this is not recommended.
4. Hot glue, for very large models (often more than 100 cm. Since the adhesive material adds width and this can ruin the appearance of a small figure), it should be thin using the maximum average or maximum temperature of the tool).
1. Products from this material are more durable and durable than with matte. Almost do not fade in the sun.
2. Easy to care for and wipe with wet wipes.
3. The model sticks together easily and very quickly (it does not require long-term holding of valves for bonding points; accordingly, it is easy to glue hard-to-reach spots.
4. Excellent appearance, in most cases more attractive than matte cardboard
1. The variety of colors produced by the manufacturer is lower than that of matte cardboard
2. It is more difficult to find a supplier (may vary in different countries)
Density from 220 grams per m2 and above is suitable for percraft. The peculiarity of the outer mirror surface (due to the characteristics of the mirror cardboard, you should not expect a clear reflection!)
1. Cyanoacrylate glue (superglue) is the best choice for speed and quality of bonding. This type of glue requires experience and accuracy, as errors are difficult to fix. Be sure to follow all necessary safety measures, read all the instructions on the package. Such glue can be purchased from companies engaged in advertising signs and plastic letters. (The big advantage is that this glue is thicker than super glue for the supermarket, which prevents it from spreading during the gluing process. It is also more powerful)
2. Hot melt for very large models (often more than 100 cm. Since the adhesive material increases the width and this can ruin the appearance of a small figure) should be thin using the average or maximum temperature of the tool).
3. Unique mirror surface of the cardboard, chic appearance of products.
4. Very good care and dust
5. Does not fade in the sun
6. At the same density, it is stronger than other cardboards due to its composite structure (cardboard + aluminum film)
1. More than other types of cardboard is afraid of scratches
2. A small number of colors (most often a silver mirror and a gold mirror are available)
3. Gluing is more difficult than metallized cardboard.
Density from 220 grams per m2 and above is suitable for paper craft. The exterior feature is a glossy surface (due to the characteristics of mirror paper, you should not expect a clear shine like glass!)
1. Most often, this cardboard has a plastic film on one side and regular cellulose cardboard on the other. Therefore, gluing models directly from this material is not possible with conventional adhesives. (PET material has a low surface energy, and therefore does not adhere to adhesives). Such material can be used as a lining already on the finished cardboard product. Since the second matte side is perfectly glued.
2. You can use hot glue
7. Unique mirror surface of the cardboard, chic appearance of products.
8. Very good care and dust.
9. Does not fade in the sun
10. At the same density, it is stronger than other cardboards due to its composite structure (cardboard + film)
6. Gluing is more difficult than metallized cardboard.
Also a great option to achieve the desired appearance is paint.
To cover the product with paint, it is best to prepare products from white cardboard. Also, white cardboard is most convenient when assembling and searching for parts.
If the product is made of dark cardboard. For clarification, an additional coat of primer is required, otherwise the paint will darken.
Spray paints are often used in spray cans, characterized by a large selection of colors and affordability. They have small portions that are ideal for polygonal sculptures. There are glossy matte and chrome colors. The following tips apply to acrylic paint.
1. Primer (white or gray primer) It is required to prepare the model before painting in order to even out the color and improve paint adhesion.
2. Staining , Tips for painting.
– Polygonal sculptures should be drawn in several stages, your first layer should not be the last. If you apply a lot of paint at the same time, there may be drops, drops are a sign of careless coloring, they should not be allowed.
– apply the paint evenly and gradually
– before applying the next coat, let the paint dry for 5-10 minutes.
– Depending on the color and material, 2-4 coats of paint may be required to achieve the perfect color.
3. Drying (to accelerate, you can use a directional UFO heater, do not use heaters with forced ventilation, they can promote dust adhesion and droplet formation) Initial drying takes 20-30 minutes, final drying after 12-20 hours. (specify the exact information on the packaging from the manufacturer)
This article discusses several common types of cardboard, you can also find rubberized metallized rubberized and many others, the material differs from manufacturer to manufacturer. We wanted to give a general idea of the properties of the main types.
- Pepeterie de Mandeure SA, France
- Favini , Italy
- FEDRIGONI, Italy
- SCHOELLERSHAMMER Papierfabrik , Germany
- ZANDERS, Germany
- Lake Paper, Germany
- GF Smith, England
- Neenah Paper, USA
- Margono Paper, Indonesia
- PRADO, Portugal
- Vilaseca SA, Spain
- Tullis Russell, England
- App, Indonesia , China
- Gmund, Germany
- Arjowiggins France
- Arctic Paper, Sweden
- LANA, France
- FABRIANO, Italy
- Gruppo Cordenons , Italy
- IGEPA, Germany
- Advanced Paper, Germany
- August Koehler, Germany
- James Cropper, England
- Fiber Mark, USA
- MEERSEN & PALM, Netherlands
- VIDA Paper, Sweden
- Hansol Paper, South Korea
- Meerssen Papier , Holland
- Clariana , Spain
- Cartiere del Garda, Italy
- Xenpax , Netherlands
- Thiberge & Comar , France
- SEF, France
- Creative papers, Germany
- Papeterie Zuber Rieder , France