This article will help you learn how to make low poly mirror sculptures. We will make a mirror shell. You will learn how to assemble a polygonal model and glue it with mirror polystyrene, as well as assemble a magnificent shell, suppose that it is a symbol of summer and the beach 🙂 A similar shell is already hanging in our office above the coffee machine. Now that we are making coffee, you can consider the fantasy flare kaleidoscope.
PDF file A3 60 × 60 × 13 (cm) or 24 × 24 × 5 (inch) Download;
– Mirror polystyrene (thickness 1 mm) approximately 0.5 meters square or 5 sheets A3;
– Cardboard 220-350 with a density of grams per square meter. 5 sheets of A3;
– Cardboard binding thickness 2 mm, 3 A3 or better one piece 600 * 600 mm;
– Glue for cardboard (we used super glue since we have metallized cardboard);
– Superglue for plastic (we used two component glue based on cyanocrylate, it is safer and its strength is higher than usual);
– Thermo glue gun for gluing the backdrop;
– Also need a printer A3 scissors, a stationery knife and a surface for work.
Work may take 5-7 hours.
Note: if you print in A4 format (typed to the brim), you will get a 41 × 41 × 9 (cm) or 16 × 16 × 4 (inch) shell. Material consumption will be reduced by 2 times
- Print a template on the printer in A3 format (100% scale);
- Press the dotted lines;
- Bend with dashed lines on yourself, and dash-dotted lines from yourself, detailed instructions;
- Glue by numbers;
- Cut the backdrop out of thick cardboard and glue it to the shells. This is necessary for structural rigidity and to hang the model on the wall without problems;
- Print a template for plastic on thin paper of A3 format (at a scale of 100%);
- Cut the triangles out of plastic using a clerical knife and a steel sling or scissors;
- Glue the model according to the numbers;
- Mirror plastic is covered with a protective membrane, it must be removed at the very end;
- Enjoy your sample work.
If you stick to colored material, you can get a kaleidoscope coloring.
Ask questions in the comments write your opinion.